Monday, June 11, 2007

Chi-town

I didn't think anyone that reads this has contact with the surprise that was planned, but I didn't really mention much just in case. So, here ya go.

I'm in Chicago without my wonderful wife (trips without Naunie = not fun) to meet up with some friends from college. We were meeting together to do a surprise gig as our former group, Kenaniah, for the parents of one of the members. Harry and Barbara Brocksieck have just retired from the Salvation Army after 51 years of service. The one thing that they had mentioned to Kevin (their son) was that they would love to have Kenaniah sing at the ceremony, but there was no way that they could get us all there. So Kevin emailed all of us, and long story short, we were able to surprise the Brocksiecks at their retirement ceremony. It was great!

Their motto - or maybe vision statement? - for all of their years has been "God Is Able." It was apparent that they have seen God's mighty hand in many areas of their life and ministry. I am so grateful that we were able to share in their wonderful ceremony and support not only Harry and Barbara, but Kevin as well. It has been too long since we've been together, and I can only hope that we are able to gather again before another ten years passes.

Having said that...I would like to go home now and see my wife! Naunie has started her classes for the summer (she had class Friday, which precipitated her not coming to Chicago with me), and this week she is in an in-service for reading or some such educator type stuff. Tuesday, Naunie is interviewing for an instructional facilitator position at her school - please pray for her tomorrow!!!

That's all for now, so until later, remember:

God Is Able

No comments: