Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Book Report On Peter Rabbit...

And kudos to anyone that actually got that musical theatre reference!

No, I did not read Peter Rabbit, but I have finished two - count 'em, TWO! - books now! Yeah, I know it's not much, but it's more than I've done in a while. This morning, I finished TEACH LIKE YOUR HAIR'S ON FIRE, by Rafe Esquith. It took me a little longer than Rob Bell's VELVET ELVIS, but it is finished! Now, I am not a good synopsis or report giver, so I won't be telling what each book is about that I read. But I will let you all know things as I think of them, or read them. I think I will also put a list on this page that tells you what I have read, and what I'm going to read. That way, when people ask me what my last book was, I don't have to think TOO hard about it - I can just go here and look! My very small brain forgets quickly, so this way I can keep tabs on my literary smartitude. :)

As soon as I pick my next book, I'll let you know. I might finish up EMERGING WORSHIP, which I started a long time ago. That's my problem: I will start books but not finish them. I have never finished reading THE RAGAMUFFIN GOSPEL by Brennan Manning. I've read 3/4 of it three times, but I have never finished. Likewise, I'm about 2/3 done with EMERGING WORSHIP. That is why it's an accomplishment for me to have finished two books in the last couple of months!

Have a great Sunday!
Jermaine

1 comment:

everchris said...

I just picked up Rob's second book Sex God. It's good!