Friday, May 18, 2007

HAPPY FRIDAY WORLD!!!



Only 4 1/2 days to go before school is out for the summer! Well, for the kids. We (the teachers) have to return for two days after Memorial Day. But that will be good, because I have to pack my entire room up and move it to it's temporary home in the library. I'll have a new room next year. However, those two days - as well as the next 4 1/2 - will be used to go through lots and lots and lots ... and lots of magazines, papers, and unregistered books, deciding what to keep/pack, and what to recycle/throw away.




For no reason in particular, I was thinking about the wonderful world of 80's Christian music. Here's the first CD ever purchased by me (or, more likely, by my parents for me):


Ahhh, Bryan Duncan. Y'know, if you replace the cheezy synthesizer keyboard and drum sounds with the real thing, this really is a great project! (minus "Dont'cha Wanna Rap," which is great, but in that terrible aweful I-can't-believe-I'm-listening-to-this sort of way)


This thought and subsequent shuffle through on my ipod was followed by the realization that my first concert CD was probably Michael W. Smith: The Live Set.



Just putting it on here got me singing "Nothin' But The Blood's" chorus of woah woah's. While this does NOT hold up as well as Bryan (curious that MWS is the one still cranking out music), it's still a great memory. I was so sad that I didn't get to see this concert live. I did, however, get to see the Amy Grant "Lead Me On" tour, which included MWS "I2Eye," a much more worthy memory in the 80's Christian market.

Anyone reading, what are your first memories of CD's bought or concerts attended?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW... I would have to say Petra "Not of this World" and my first concert that wasn't a southern gospel concert that my mom dragged me to would have to be DeGarmo and Key. Great stuff. You can catch little clips of these gems on YouTube. The darn internet has everything!!!