Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Sunday

Hey everyone,

Easter was a great day at FBC Aledo! Oh, sure, it started early (the alarm went off at 5:00), but what a great day of worship! We had a strong 8:15 showing, but we were packed out at the 10:45. We had the middle schoolers come up and sit on the platform where the guitar choir played last week.

So I'm starting a goal today. I'm going to try and read one book a month. No, books of the Bible won't count (though maybe they should!). I'm starting with VELVET ELVIS by Rob Bell. I've enjoyed his NOOMA videos, and the little bit that I've read in the bookstore, I have enjoyed. So, since I have two weeks of not teaching (it's my student teacher total teach time - I'm barely in the room!), we bought the book and I'm a whole twenty pages in! When I a bit further in, I'll let you know about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what you learn about your husband on his blog. I had know idea you set a goal to read one book a month. We should get together sometime and catch up.

All my love,
Me